Thursday 4 August 2011

Marie Antoinette Bracelet




The film Marie Antoinette is so visually stunning and full of beautiful colours that you simply can't watch it and not be inspired to create something!

I wanted to make something that had an almost feathery look to it, as exotic feathers were 
all the rage to adorn fans and hats in Marie Antoinette's day.

So I made this looped bracelet as it kind of reminds me of a fluffy feather bower.
Of course the colours had to include a lavish amount of pink and gold! 

(This bracelet design was the beginning steps of a project in Bead Magazine 
made in my own Marie Antoinette inspired colour way.) 













It was such a tough life being Marie Antoinette's pet...


3 comments:

  1. I love the toggle closure, brilliant! And yes Marie's dogs had it bad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a wonderful way to translate the aesthetic of the film into a beautiful bracelet. Lovely job! I LOVED that movie, by the way. :) And actually, I'm seeing some wine , a pastry, beading and the film in my evening plans tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments.

    Helen ethel - It's a fab movie isn't it :-)
    I just loved all the gorgeous costumes and mouth watering diamond jewellery!
    Let alone all the cute pastries -
    You definitely need to eat cake whilst watching it!
    Have fun beading :-)

    ReplyDelete