Friday 18 February 2011

My Beading Diary






The long awaited update on my first attempt at a magazine project! 

My first attempt at using size fifteen beads. (The absolute terror...) 


Oh my, oh my, size 15's are sooo fiddly!!


This is a present for my Mum who enjoys reading this blog. 
(At least I hope she enjoys reading this blog...!)


 So I'm sorry Mother but NO PEEKING!  


(I have put all the pics of my progress after the break...) 








My first attempt at St. Petersburg Chain with the size fifteens. 


So tiny, so fiddly, but so satisfying once you get to grips with them!


 I started off well and then realised I actually wanted a different colour 'turn bead' for the edge which will eventually become the middle of the bracelet at a later stage. 


 Luckily I had only done a few rounds so I started again: 








The size 15's are so tiny and difficult to see.   
With all the dark Winter days it has been difficult to find time when the daylight
is good enough to be able to work on this project.


I have discovered that indoor lighting is a bit of a no no when it come to peering at things so small! 






Although I am following a magazine pattern for the bracelet, I have chosen my own colours 
and I'm pretty pleased with the way the are working together so far.  


Which is lucky because I buy all my beads over the internet, so it's a bit of a double bonus for me to see them working so well together!  






I know it's not very long yet,  but I can't resist giving you a little sneak peek 
at how it will look on the wrist! 




There you have it  - my progress to date -
So much for it being ready this Christmas (just gone) - 
it is a (slow) work in progress ready for next!! 


(Hopefully)!   

2 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! It's a lot of work but it will be worth it in the end.
    Do you always work only in natural light? I myself rely on lots and lots of artificial light, my eyesight is very poor and natural light isn't sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment :-)
    It is turning out to be quite hard work as those beads are sooo small! The lighting in our house is quite dim so I'm on the hunt for a really good lamp - then I won't have to scrabble for daylight!!

    ReplyDelete